Sunday 1 July 2012

Wrist Watch

1. I just lost my watch earlier today.

2. It is the second time in my life that I lost my dearest watch.

3. Although I am not someone who would really cry over a lost material, I just feel so sorrow because both watches have sentimental values to me.

4. The first one, was something really meaningful.

5. I was just speechless. I could not even talk about it again. I could not even describe how meaningful it was to me.

6. It was a 20 years-old watch inherited from my father.

7. A gold watch, bought by my father when he was at University.

8. I couldn't tell how happy I was when he gave it to me.

9. I had an unimaginable childhood in which I spent my high school just to impress my father.

10. Because he was so strict and busy that I can count how many times he taught me about life.

11. I was desperate to seek acknowledgement from my father, so when he inherited his watch, I was just so happy.

12. But it was about 5 years ago, I lost that watch at my friend's house.

13. I kept it as a secret because it was so meaningful to me, that it is hard for me to talk about it.

14. Because if I am to tell the story on how I lost that watch, that hurtful memory will scratch again.

15. I spent some times without a watch until my sister gave me one.

16. And a few years later I bought one and my late maternal grandfather inherited another one the last time I met him before he passed away.

17. I could not fit those watches really well. The one gave by my sister, I kept it in a safe place while the other inherited by my late grandfather was fortunately without chains so I could not wear it.

18. The watch that I bought, I don't really like it.

19. Until my future wife gave me one. It was so dearest and meaningful to me.

20. I could forget the hurtful memory about my father's watch.

21. I wore it with pride and love, for a few months until this morning.

22. I went to Seoul Central Mosque for Fajr prayer after a very long exhausted journey.

23. My mind was just half awake.

24. I forgot to take my watch I left after I finished using the toilet.

25. And I woke up this morning finding I was so careless and half awake that I forgot to take my watch.

26. I was speechless again.

27. It was really a traumatic experience.

28. My heart went blank. I just can't have the feeling to wear another watch again. Ever.

29. Only a picture of that watch can I keep, it was a beautiful memory though, Mia Nanaz.

30. A beautiful name I just made up for you, I hope you will forever be in my heart. Rest in peace.



"Kenangan Semalam, Senandung Semalam"




Heartbroken,


No comments: